Friday, October 3, 2008

Studio Audience, Yes!

Day 3:


I took a day off from my internship to travel into New York to be a part of the studio audience for The Tyra Banks Show. The experience was exciting and fun to share with my three friends who came along with me. I have been a part of studio audiences before and I have been to The Tyra Banks Show once before, but I have to admit that I still get star struck when in the presence of a celebrity. Day 3 was great because I chose to say "Yes" to taking a day off from work to do something that I wanted to do.

I have been asking myself for a while now what it is that I want to do with my life. It's such a grand question and one that is equal parts vast and limiting. I often times find myself standing in awe at potential that my life holds and other times freeze because I feel so uncertain about what it is that I want to do! I enjoy my internship. Really, I do. The people are wonderful and I get to use my creativity every day, but for whatever reason I am anxious to leave. I think that although I don't know what it is that I want to do with my life, I do express subtle hints that can help me understand that more. It's like I subconsciously know what I want to do, but that consciously I am unable to know, but I can pay attention to what gets me excited or what interests me.

One such hint was how excited I was to go to The Tyra Banks Show and to share that experience with my three friends. I'm looking at this excitement on a deeper than just being excited about taking a day off from work, because I really think that there was more to it. I have taken time off from work before and not been as excited as I was this past Thursday. I am going to keep listening to these hints or cues as I do, I will hopefully be able to piece them together to help find my life's passion!

No comments: