Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Yes, Guitar, Yes!


I have a confession. I've neglected a very generous gift - my electric guitar. I first wanted a guitar about six years ago. I had a friend who could play and thought that she was all the more cooler because of this skill, so I decided that I should learn myself. Christmas morning arrived and I excitedly opened the giant gift that sat under the tree with my name under it. I played it that day and tried my best to learn on it in the weeks to come. I even enrolled in a guitar class at my high school and carried my electric baby to school two times a week so I could get a feel for what she could do. Time passed and I became less and less dedicated to learning guitar. When I left for college, my guitar (given the name "Big Red" for it's bright color and big sound) came with me. I vowed to learn while at school, but classes and friends took up most of my time and I only sat down to play on a rare occasion. Now that college is over and I am only working part-time, it would be silly for me not to take advantage of the chance to really learn guitar. So far, I have been refreshing myself on chords and working on a strum pattern. What's next? Stardom? Maybe not. I would like to learn a song well enough to be able to play it at The Well, the Bible study that my church is starting up this month.

No comments: